DEPARTEMENT OF MEDICAL SURGICAL NURSING
- Programme was conducted on “Cancer Awareness (Know cancer to beat cancer) on 19/02/2022 at 2pm on occasion of WORLD CANCER DAY 2022
- Poster and Model competition were conducted on the occasion of world cancer day on 19/02/2022 at 2 pm by 3rd year GNM students
- The Model and Posters were evaluated by Dr. Roshan Koshy Jacob ( Resource person) Mrs. Hemlata Salve ( Vice Principal ) VSPM MDINE and Mrs. Linu Jeffin Varghese ( Senior Tutor) VSPM MDINE , Nagpur
- Guest lecture was presented by Dr. Roshan Koshy Jacob ( Consultant Medical Oncologist ) from American Oncology Institute , Nagpur On Topic “ Cancer Awareness”
- There were prizes for the winners of poster and model competition which was announced by Ms. Karuna Borkar (CI/ Tutor) (Dept. Of MSN)
- The programme ended with skit and dance performed by 3rd year students based on theme
- Vote of thanks was proposed by Ms. Stuti Sunar (Lecturer) Dept. of MSN
World Diabetes Day 2021
Theme: - “Access to Diabetic Care”
On the occasion of World Diabetes Day, Medical Surgical Nursing Department came forward to celebrate this day to create awareness and to spread the knowledge
Under the guidance of Prof. Lata Sukare (HOD of MSN Dept.), programme was fruitful. The overall responsibility was given to Ms. Pallavi Jambhulkar CI/Tutor with the efforts of students from B.B.Sc Nsg. Third year. The program was conducted on 17th Nov 2021 at 11am in Nightingale Hall.
- Theme “Access to Diabetic care” inauguration and theme related speech done by Ms. Pallavi Jambhulkar CI/Tutor VSPM MDINE.
- Gloria Karandikar done introduction of program resource person Mrs. Pradnya Pande, Dietitian, Department of Community Medicine NKP SIMS & LMH Nagpur.
- On the occasion of World Diabetes day MSN department organized Panel Discussion for students. B.B.Sc. Nsg. Third year students were participated in panel discussion. All the panelist explained about management of Diabetic care and certificate given to all the panelist.
World Heart Day 2021
Theme: - “Use Heart to Connect”
On the occasion of World Heart Day, Medical Surgical Nursing Department came forward to celebrate this day to create awareness, to spread the knowledge, and to beat the Cardio Vascular disease.
On the occasion of “World Heart Day” VSPM MDINE, Nagpur in collaboration with Research Society of study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI) has organized Blood sugar testing camp on 29th Oct. 2021 at VSPM MDINE, Nagpur. All teaching and non teaching staff and students checked their blood sugar test and recorded, More than 350 attended and contributed by doing test. The overall responsibility of this camp was given to Ms. Trupti Soitkar CI/Tutor, Ms. Gloriya Karandikar and Ms. Liji Varghese. It was very Nice and new experience to us. We are grateful to our Principal for giving the permission to conduct the camp.
On the occasion of “World Heart Day” VSPM MDINE, Nagpur. In Community, students have also done the role play under the theme “Use heart to Connect” which was highly appreciated by community people.
Further we conducted Seminar on Challenges and Opportunities for Prevention and Treatment of CVD in younger adults;
The overall seminar guided by Prof. Lata Sukare (HOD of MSN Dept.), under her guidance it was fruitful. The overall responsibility was given to Ms. Pallavi Jambhulkar CI/Tutor and Mr. Prasobh kumar CI/Tutor with the efforts of students from B.B.Sc Nsg. Second year. The program was conducted on 29th Sept 2021 at 12:00 noon in Nightingale Hall.
- The program started with a warm welcome of Resource Person, Faculty Teachers and students of (B.Sc Nsg. 2nd yr) by giving heart day theme badges and Roses.
- Tanuja Manohar explained seminar on topic Challenges and Opportunities for Prevention and Treatment of CVD in younger adults.
- On the occasion of World Heart day MSN department organized video blog competition for students. Ms. Aslesha Wasnik Lecturer VSPM /MDINE declared the result of this competition. Ms. Mizan Sheikh B.B.Sc. Nsg. 4th year Stood first in competition and Ms. Prasi Morkar and Ms. Urvashi Pendor B.B.Sc. Nsg. 3rd year stood Second in video blog competition.